HAXBALL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OFFICIAL RULEBOOK
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Haxball Champions League is the most prestigious tournament in Haxball. The competition is created in order to gather best teams from different haxball communities at one place in order to decide who is the best European team right now.
Haxball Champions League played #21 Editions so far. A lot of different teams won it but current winners are Slappers from Feed Me.
Admins of Haxball Champions League are Meyzi and Whitee
2. TEAM REGISTRATION
Before every season, HCL admin team will create registration topic in order to give all teams chance to sign up their teams and therefore register into HCL tournament. Start and expiration date and time will be stated clear in registration thread in the first post.
Every team can apply for the HCL tournament, but the HCL-Admin-Team decides on its own, which teams will be invited to the HCL tournament and reserves the right to reject any teams without further explanation.
We kindly ask you to respect and understand the decision of Admin team and do not create useless flame after the registration results in case you dislike with our choice.
3. TOURNAMENT PROCEDURE
Duration: 2 x 10 minutes (halftime: change sides)
Show room on list: no
Score limit: None
Tuesday and Wednesday 21 CET.
HCL Stream will be connected with HCB Network by MJF. All stream events together with date and time will be announced in site dashboard.
HCL Matches are played with use of the kick limiter (/kick_ratelimit 6 12 4). Please make sure the limit is set and the chat message "Kick Rate Limit set to (min: 6, rate: 12, burst: 4)" is visible on start of the recording of the match.
The HCL is using the so called 3-def rule. In case of a violation of the 3-def rule, the HCL admin team will decide whether to judge the match as a 0-3 defloss against the violating team.
Group Stage Positioning
The place of teams in the group stage tables is decided by the following factors:
Win: 3 points
Draw: 1 point
Loss: 0 points
- In case of the same amount of points, the direct comparison is decisive.
- Only the results between the tied teams are considered.
- If the goal difference is tied, the amount of scored goals is decisive.
- In case of defwin in H2H comparison, winning side is the one who didn't receive def-lose (regardless on total result).
Overtime (qualification / final stage)
In case of a draw after the regular playing time, the "extra time" rule applies. The teams change sides again, the score limit is set to -0- and the time limit to -5-. The teams change sides again and -5- more minutes will be played. If after 10 minutes of "extra time" no goals were scored or the result is again a draw, the "golden goal" rule applies. The teams change sides again, the score limit is set to -1- and the time limit to -None-. The team which scores first will win and the match is immediately over. All goals that are scored without a following kick-off do not count.
4. MATCHDAY PROCEDURE
The main source of HCL Communication is Forum.
Results and Replays
- Both teams are obliged to support the transmission of the result by recording every official match. Only a complete replay ensures the proper transmission of the final result. If the entire replay or important parts of the required match media is missing, the match is being judged as a 0-3 defloss for both teams. If the record is missing, the respective game is checked by Maze from the HCLB database, and if it is proven that the players are in the room at that time, the result is added without statistics. If a match was streamed, the saved video on the stream page can be used as evidence for the final result.
- The entire match media has to be reported within -24- hours after the default match time. Wildcarded matches must be reported -24- hours after the last possible day. If both teams fail to report the result properly within -24- hours, the match may be counted as 0-3 defloss for both teams.
- All players have to use the same (at least recognisable) name ingame, which is listed in the line-up thread.
- If a team is making use of players who are not allowed to play, the match is being judged as a 0-3 defloss.
- If a team has less than 4 players, who are ready 15 minutes after the default match time (or 15 minutes after the agreed time of a wildcarded match), the match is being judged as a 0-3 Defloss, if the opposing team does not grant any further delay.
Both teams are only allowed to substitute players at half time or after a goal. There is no limit for substitutions. If a player is forced to stop playing, the team is allowed to pause the match. However his team needs the approval of the opponent team for a substitution, otherwise the affected team has to continue in 3vs4 mode.
Post Match Obligations
Both teams are obligated to save the Replay after the game. Team who won the game is obligated to sign-up the Replay with requested information on the forum. In case of a draw, home team must sign up Replay and statistics on forum (it is possible if captains mutually agree other decision).
In case of rule violations it is possible to open an official protest. Leave a post in the result reporting thread of the relevant match, clarify why you want to protest against the final result and add the required evidence A protest has to be posted within -24- hours after the default match time (or agreed new match time, in case of a postponed match), else it will be rejected
In order to postpone a match (change the default match date or/and time), a so called wildcard is necessary. Wildcarding a match practically means that a listed player of a team creates a thread in the relevant forum page, where the opposing team is informed about the postponement.
- Amount of wildcards for each team from the group stage until the end of the tournament: 5
- A wildcard is only valid, if its not posted later than 20:00 CET on the match day.
- If a wildcard is posted after 20:00 CET, the postponing team will be forced to play at the default match time. If the postponing team shows up with less than 4 players, the opposing team is allowed to take the defwin 3-0 or accept late wildcard. In case of accepting late wildcard, opposing team has to write it in wildcard thread.
- A new date and time is only valid, if it has been suggested in the forum and is confirmed by both teams. This confirmation has to be done not later than -1- hours before the new date and time, else this arrangement is not valid. However it is of course possible to play a game spontaneously and agree to a date in less than -1- hours before the new arrangement, if both teams confirm but it still has to be written on forum!
- Once a new date and time is arranged properly, no team is allowed to cancel it without the opponents agreement. If team is trying to cancel the arranged time, opposing team should seek admin help.
- Any Official Match can't be played before scheduled time.
- In case teams to not manage to play their matches in deadline, they can request additional day we left in schedule (for stream day mostly) to play it. If admins consider teams could not arrange new date and time in wildcard deadline duration, they will talk to both captains and decide when new match date and time is scheduled.
- Only the Captain or Co-Captain is allowed to manage the line-up of specific team.
- Team captains can make all player additions and player removals from the team pages.
- Captain team addition has to consist of full team name, logo (150x150, transparent), captain name and flag, co-captains names and flags, players names and flags.
- Line-up from each team (group / qualification) must be added latest 2 hours before officially scheduled first match of each team. In case match is wildcarded, same rule still apply. Players can still confirm later, its just important to confirm before official match which players should play in start.
- Each team must have at least 5 added players and maximum 10 confirmed players in line-up.
- In case team is disbanded from HCL, all their results will be validated as 3-0 Defwin for opponent, regardless of time team is disbanded from the competition. If team archive 2 def-loss games in group-stage or 1 def-loss in knock-out stage of HCL tournament, it will be disbanded from the competition. If the team is disbanded from HCL, all players who have played in any official game before the time of disband are blocked for running the tournament
- Player transfers have to be announced in the relevant line-up-thread by creating a new post.
Please make use of the following pattern:
Addition: + player name (nationality)
Removal: - player name
- All signed players have to confirm their participation before they are allowed to play official matches. This applies for players of the initial line-up (same goes for captains) as well as for additionally signed players.
- A new player needs to be added to the line-up at least -1- hour before a match, if a team wants to make use of him in that match. If that does not happen, the player is not allowed to play on that match day. Decisive in this case is the time of the post where the captain or co-captain signed the player in the line-up thread.
- After the competition officially start and lineups lock down (1 hour before first officially scheduled matchday of a team) players can only be signed 2 days before Play-Off stage starts (day of play-off and one day before).
- All confirmed players, who leave (leave is supposed to be the collective term for both removal processes cut by captain/co-captain and player's self-removal) their teams line-up after 20 CET on the officially scheduled (if match is wildcarded time doesnt change) 1st matchday of each group, are blocked for running HCL tournament.
- If a team is having less than -5- players added in line-up at the time of official match time, match will not be played and result will be added as 0-3 defloss for their opponents.
- If a team is trying to use player who is not added to their line-up (on time), opponent captain and / or admins should warn them to remove player from the game. If it still doesn't help, miss-behaved team and player will be restricted with 1 match suspension or possible ban.
- If player isn't able to confirm his identity via "Online Control", he will be restricted with 1 match suspension or possible ban, depends if admin team consider player is impersonated.
- If a team doesn't show up on match at all, they will get an official warning. After they do it again and receive 2nd def-loss, they will be disbanded from the competition.
- If any player insult his teammates, admin team members or opponent team players during the official match, forum or any other HCL platform, he will get an official warning or in harder cases be restricted with 1 or 2 game suspension. After he does it again, he will be banned from the competition.
- Any player should be aware of his internet power and ability to play in foreign hosts. If he is playing with lag on purpose and therefore pausing the game all the time, that will be considered as unsportsmanlike behavior and he will be restricted for 1 match.
- Any player should also be aware that HCL forum isn't place for spam and useless posts. If a player randomly post on forum without any sense, he can be warned, restricted for 1 match or banned from HCL. Decision is completely on admin team.
- If any player confirm for 2 teams at the same time and at least one team has line-up lockdown, it will be considered as double confirmation and player will be banned for running HCL edition. However, in case admins see a confusion, they can restrict player for 1 match instead of ban.
- Captain (and co-captain) obligation is to control their own team. If they fail to do so, they can be restricted with 1 match suspension or ban. Decision is completely on admin team.
- In case of team disband, captain (and in some cases co-captain) will be restricted with captain suspension in following HCL edition. If admin team consider penalty isn't big enough, he can be restricted for 2 editions / permanent captain prohibiion or possible total ban.
- Before, during and after an official match all kind of unsportsmanlike behaviour is forbidden. That especially means insults, provocations, racism and lack of fairness. If an opposing team behaves in such way, the affected team is asked to mention that in the relevant result reporting thread by adding suitable evidence.
- Furthermore you should instantly seek help from the HCL admin team to eventually solve the issue. A reasonable and respectful contact with each other is very important in the HCL tournament. Therefore violations of this rule are being punished pretty consistent. The punishment is completely up to the HCL admin team and will be decided individually.
- All types of scripts like so called macro scripts are forbidden without any exception. If a player is caught using a macro script or any other forbidden assistance, he is being banned from the HCL tournament. All matches the player has played, will be judged as a 0-3 defloss to his team.
- Impersonating a player, multi-accounting and all other kind of faking is not allowed and if caught doing so, the concerned player will be banned from the HCL tournament.
- Fair-play is the most important thing in this game and we all should do our best to provide fair and honest competition for ourselves and have fun in best possible way. If game is paused, don't unpause without another team approval. It may lead to unfair goals while your opponent still wasn't ready to play. Game shouldn't be paused when your opponent is in the attack. If there is serious issue like player left the room or visible lag from the defender then it is fine, but if there is a thing you could avoid and wait for your own attack, please do so!
10. RULE CHANGES
- The HCL admin team reserves the right to modify, add and remove rules at any time. Rule changes apply with immediate effect when they have been announced in the HCL forum. Any of the restrictions who happen and are not listed, HCL admin team reserve full right to add them in rulebook. All other information about rules and similar stuff may be given in different topics as well.